You probably want to learn more about diabetes type 2 symptoms and treatment if you are at risk. If you run an unhealthy lifestyle and your family’s health history has diabetes issue, you may want to be extra careful about the whole thing. Knowing more about the problem can give you insight of what to do, what to expect, and what to prepare. In the worst case scenario, this kind of knowledge can help big time.
About Diabetes in Short
When we are talking about diabetes, we are talking about a chronic ailment that shouldn’t be underestimated lightly. Your glucose, or sugar, level is too high because it piles up in the bloodstream. The insulin (a type of hormone) is responsible for moving the sugar from the blood to the cells. Within the cells, the sugar will be used for energy.
The problem with diabetes type 2 is that your body doesn’t respond well to the insulin. When it is on the worse stage, the body may stop producing enough insulin altogether. You don’t want to suffer from high blood sugar because it can lead to many unwanted issues and serious complications.
When we are talking about signs, we are talking about diabetes type 2 symptoms and treatment that should go hand in hand together. The problem with diabetes is that your body won’t be able to effectively use the glucose to the cells so it has to rely on other sources – and it may steal from your organs, muscles, and tissues.
The general symptoms may include:
- Constant lack of energy or constant hunger
- Weight loss
- Continuous fatigue
- Dry mouth
- Frequent urination
- Constant thirst, which is quite excessively
- Blurry vision
- Itchy skin
When the symptoms progress and the condition gets worse, the symptoms may inlude:
- Foot pain
- Yeast infection
- Dark patches on the skin
- Slow healing wound or sores or cuts
- Neuropathy, or feeling of extreme numbness
Among the other types of diabetes type 2 symptoms and treatment, diet is one of the most important things to do. If you want to control your blood sugar level, you need to control what comes into your mouth. Basically, managing the diet isn’t complicated or difficult – you only need to be disciplined and determined.
When you manage the dieting program, here are the things you should do:
- Make sure to eat according to schedule (whether it is meal or snack)
- Be wise about choosing the right foods. You want foods high in vitamins, minerals, and nutrition, and you want to avoid the ones with empty calories
- Always check the food labels carefully
- Don’t overeat
There are also other handy tips for the treatment, such as:
- Be physically active. At least have 30 minutes of exercise on a daily basis to keep the heart healthy and to maintain the glucose control
- Eat with regular intervals
- Make sure to eat fibrous foods and healthy carbs, like veggies, whole grains, and fruits.
- Stay away from animal fats, sweets, and refined carbs
If you are able to do these things, you can control your diabetes in the healthiest state. Who says managing diabetes type 2 symptoms and treatment is always difficult?